Yoga is an age-old mix of spiritual awareness and physical movement that was developed in India around 5000 years ago. Yoga is the union of the breath and the body, the mind and the spirit.
If you want to manage stress and improve flexibility, strength and inner health then Yoga is for you. Basically, yoga is the organized stretching of the body that is undertaken regularly and in a systematic way. When you practise yoga, you begin to open your joints and lengthen your muscles, and this creates space within your own body. Then by combining yoga breathing with the poses you also receive the therapeutic effects of a calmer nervous system.
- calms the nervous system
- supports the immune system
- allows the internal organs to work more efficiently
- helps your body feel longer, leaner and stronger
- detoxifies the body
- improves blood circulation
- creates more energy
Dru is a graceful and potent form of yoga, based on soft flowing movements, controlled directed breathing and visualisation.
With its foundations firmly set in ancient yogic traditions, it works on body, mind and spirit - improving strength and flexibility, creating core stability, building a heightened feeling of positivity, reducing stress and rejuvenating your whole being.
Designed to be practiced by people of all abilities, all fitness levels and all age groups, it is a style of yoga that can be quickly dipped into or learnt in more depth over a lifetime.Yin Yoga
In order to have complete balance in our lives we must have both yang and yin. Most of us have too much yang in our lives and not enough yin. We rush from one place to the next, our mind is full of what we haven't yet done, our to-do-list growing longer by the minute and our minds literally never switch off. Yin Yoga bring you the opportunity to fully let go, switch off and allow the hormones connected with rest, digest, calm, connection and healing to fully switch on.
In Yin yoga we hold the poses for 1-7 minutes, fully supported by whatever props we need. We stress the connective tissue just enough to create space & energy in the body. Yin is challenging for sure but it is also an incredible way to dig deep and connect with your true self again.
Some of the benefits of Yin yoga are:
- Calming and balancing to the mind and body
- Regulates energy in the body
- Increases mobility in the body, especially the joints and hips
- Lowering of stress levels (no one needs that)
- Greater stamina
- Better lubrication and protection of joints
- More flexibility in joints & connective tissue
- Release of fascia throughout the body
- Help with TMJ and migraines
- Deeper Relaxation
- A great coping for anxiety and stress
- Better ability to sit for meditation
- Ultimately you will have a better Yang practice
- I really do believe that if you incorporate a little of both will create a more well-rounded practice as well as a better-rounded version of the awesome you!
This specialist pregnancy yoga class will make you feel energised, revitalised as well as fully relaxed for a brilliant night's sleep. Zoe brings her yoga experience along with her hypnobirthing & doula skills to the yoga room. The session will focus on connecting with your baby through meditation, learn breath, visualisations and positioning for birth, make space inside your body for you, and helps you to build confidence in your own strength and power to birth your baby. Suitable from 12 weeks gestation.